BtwCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BtwCraft

The btwcraft minecraft server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Teleporting and other abuse.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OwnerDannyBtw
Admin

Teleporting and other abuse. Empty
PostSubject: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am

Ok so because i'm only just getting reports of this now nothing will be done . fresh start on the new server.

This goes out to mods AND admins

- DO NOT teleport to people without a reason - use tpa - i dont mind TP to new people/unknown.
- IF you must use /vanish and WATCH them don't mess with them

Punishment

if i get a report HERE in the reports and issues section then that will be the first warning.
if i get a second report WITH proof then you will be demoted
if i get a third report with proof you will be put to a builder rank or trusted depends on the situation.

deranking

Admin - mod
mod - lesser mod
ANY - builder/trusted

Other notes

Now as all my admins will get access to the control panel, only the owners and head admin (scott) are allowed to demote admins or mods. If i find out otherwise (highly unlikely) you may face a demotion and we will change the password to the panel.

YES you are still aloud to promote guests VIA console and demote builders if there is an issue but mainly the console is for chat/issues.

I want to make this server mature and have really good buildings not just little huts, i was tempted to put an age limit on the server but i wont unless i really really have to.

That is all.

-Dan

Last edited by OwnerDannyBtw on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:51 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkVivi

DarkVivi

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:06 am

I don't understand why mods and admins can't tp to people without reason. They're there to watch over the server. They should be allowed to pop up from time to time to see whats going on. Unless we can and just be invisible then fine.

Also, putting an age limit would be pointless considering a HUGE chunk of players these days are all between 10-14. In the end people will just give up and let the smaller ones in.
Back to top Go down
OwnerDannyBtw
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 am

DarkVivi wrote:
I don't understand why mods and admins can't tp to people without reason. They're there to watch over the server. They should be allowed to pop up from time to time to see whats going on. Unless we can and just be invisible then fine.

Also, putting an age limit would be pointless considering a HUGE chunk of players these days are all between 10-14. In the end people will just give up and let the smaller ones in.

You can teleport to see whats going on but dont do anything unless they ask for help, use vanish if needed

yea i know thats why there isnt an age limit
Back to top Go down
Kole
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 am

the main issue is that some mods/admins really enjoy teleporting to unsuspecting victims, pushing those victims off ledges, into water/lava, or jut generally bugging them.
It can get a bit annoying.

When we get the new server up and going, I'm going to make for darn sure that the admins/mods know that they don't get the run of things just because they have a rank. They have the rank to enforce rules when they need to.
(Referring back to a conversation I had with Dark a looong while back - making the mods/admins more respectable on our server).
Back to top Go down
DarkVivi

DarkVivi

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:25 am

You mean more useful?

Also, I believe that if you're invisible you can't push people.
Back to top Go down
cyphrus23

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 am

I use that ability to check how everyone is doing from time to time. Always curious on what they build and and doing griefer checks. Is that considered bugging?

Im not usually on since I keep working on my ship. I'll finish the remodeled exterior so I can be on more to work on the interior.
Back to top Go down
Kole
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Cyph, that's actually what we have it for. Also, don't worry about being on until we get the new host. Old host finally kicked the bukkit (pun intended) on our server, and now btwcraft is on a ship, sleeping, and sailing to the land of the free and the home of the brave...or something like that.

Dark, not sure about when vanish is on, but just in general when you get randomly teleported to... sorry. just one of my pet peeves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teleporting and other abuse.   Teleporting and other abuse. Empty

Back to top Go down

Teleporting and other abuse.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BtwCraft :: Reports and issues-
Jump to: